David Lerner Associates: 6 Reasons to Work with a Financial Professional
No matter what stage of life you’re in you could probably benefit from working with a financial professional. Here are six reasons why:
- You don’t know what you don’t know. Managing your finances on a day-to-day basis is one thing, but implementing a long-term, comprehensive financial plan that can fund your retirement and fulfil other goals is another. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it on your own – only that you shouldn’t underestimate the expertise that’s required to put together an effective plan that needs to last for many years.
- You have good intentions but you never set aside the time. Developing and maintaining a financial plan takes knowledge and time. While books, websites and financial calculators may empower you to take an active role in planning for your future, they ca’t help you set aside the time to apply them to your personal situation.
- Doing it all yourself isn’t efficient. There are many things that you could probably do yourself, but instead you pay someone else to do them. For instance, you could paint your house yourself, but you may prefer to pay someone else to do it. Why? Because it’s more efficient. The same is true when it comes to developing a long-term, comprehensive financial plan.
- You’re not objective. It’s hard to look at your finances objectively. Having someone else with experience analyze your situation can be extremely helpful.
- Keeping up with change is a full time job. Change happens all the time in the financial world. Every year the economy changes, laws change and investments change. A financial professional can monitor these changes and recommend adjustments, as needed.
- You see the trees, but not the forest. Like most people you lead a busy life and you may find yourself caught up in day-today demands, financial and otherwise. A financial professional ca help you see the big picture.
Your finances are important. They require the same thoughtful attention you give other areas of your life. No matter what stage of life you’re in, a financial professional can help.
Material contained in this article is provided for information purposes only and is not intended to be used in connection with the evaluation of any investments offered by David Lerner Associates, Inc. This material does not constitute an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities and should not be considered in connection with the purchase or sale of securities.
These materials are provided for general information and educational purposes based upon publicly available information from sources believed to be reliable-- we cannot assure the accuracy or completeness of these materials.
David Lerner Associates does not provide tax or legal advice. The information presented here is not specific to any individual's personal circumstances. Member FINRA & SIPC.
6 Reasons to Work with a Financial Professional
No matter what stage of life you’re in you could probably benefit from working with a financial professional. Learn the six reasons it makes sense to consult a financial expert.
Founded in 1976, David Lerner Associates is a privately-held broker/dealer with headquarters in Syosset, New York and branch offices in Westport, CT; Boca Raton, FL; Teaneck and Princeton, NJ; and White Plains, NY. For more information contact David Lerner Associates Call 516-921-4200 Visit our website: http://www.davidlerner.com